Pages

Hastatai & Princeps






Today I finished the 16 bases of Hast/Princ belonging to the first legion in my MRR project. Unfortunately the light I had always used to photograph with burned out and I had to send away for a new bulb, so please forgive the ad hoc lighting.







These are Old Glory's 15mm hastatai and princeps advancing figures. I painted them using the simple technique of 2-3 shade colors over a black primer. At the end of the day I'm pleased with how these turned out, but I feel I can do better on the next legions whenever I choose to take on those.







Once I finish the triari and a group of Cretan archers my next step is undecided. I may go right back into painting the next legion or take a break and do some of the Antigonid force I've collected or put paint to that mound of lead under my desk, aka. an ancient Spanish army from Corvus. There is always the repainting of the my poor AWI Hessians that were lost to an unfortunate Armory Sealant malfunction.








1 comment:

  1. They are looking pretty damn good. Perhaps I will need to start one of these now that Warren has gotten bigger and less time consuming or at least that is the plan, which he has been putting to the test for the past couple of months.

    Email me at your convenience. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    Where did you move to?

    ReplyDelete