Indian Mutiny - Foundry Officers

About a month ago I traded a fellow for some Foundry Indian Mutiny figures. When the box arrived, I was elated at the contents. Not only was the fellow generous in the number of figures, but they were all in good order. I had already headed down the path to collecting Indian Mutiny figures by acquiring a number of those recently released by Iron Duke, but these miniatures cemented my plans. I went straight to work in stripping the old primer off some of the officers. The inspiration provided by opening up a box full of new figures told me I needed to get my brush on the period soon to maintain my interest. These three chaps are the result. When planning to paint these figures I knew the colors would result in a rather simple palette so I wanted to focus on execution of brushwork and trying to make the most out of the limited palette. Instead of using a single white or off-white for example I finished the hat waving gentleman with four different hues/variations of white and each of those with at least four shading and/or highlighting steps. The gentleman in the blue pants went through 4 stages of highlighting at a minimum on every piece but the sword hilt and brass on the scabbard. Overall I have to say I'm happy with both the experience of painting these as well as the finished product, which is rare territory for me. Thanks Rob!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Francis. I hope I can maintain or improve my painting throughout the project.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful, I like those a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Michael. I really enjoyed painting these.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting on some very nice figures!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, these figures are very nice. I was surprised at how much more I liked the Foundry figures in the flesh as opposed to just seeing them online. Although a bit of a different sculpting style then Iron Duke, I think they'll hold their own among them. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Horse Color Charts

OPP - Big Game Hunters

Random Workbench